Modifly is looking for a full-time Paid Media Strategist to join our team with experience and passion for performance marketing and digital marketing strategy. Your role will be to lead the development and implementation of integrated marketing strategies across select clients, in addition to providing direction to paid media team members supporting your accounts. Additionally, you will play an integral role in collaborating with our in-house creative team, putting your personal touch on clients’ ads, as well as building and maintaining strong client relationships alongside the account management team.
The ideal Paid Media Strategist is creatively minded and performance driven, a strong collaborator, and an all around figure-it-out-er. This role is dynamic—requires independent decision making and creative problem solving skills, the ability to be flexible and pivot based on client needs, and a strong ability to effectively communicate with both the internal team and client in a timely manner.
Applicants should have a strong background in Google Search, Google Shopping, Facebook Paid advertising, and e-commerce/DTC marketing. Additionally, creative awareness of the social media advertising landscape and an aptitude for analyzing data and identifying performance trends is preferred. Past experience in developing marketing creative briefs (e.g. authoring or overseeing marketing copy or visuals), implementing technical platform tracking on website backends and working directly with Snapchat, Pinterest, Youtube, Google Shopping Feed, Tiktok and retail media platforms is a plus.
- Develop media strategies across Paid Search and Paid Social channels inclusive of media mix, budget allocation, audience segmentation, creative strategy, KPI development and measurement frameworks
- Lead client planning discussions to support the development of KPIs, business objectives and alignment of strategic roadmaps as well as offer insights for ongoing performance
- Gain a deep understanding of the client’s business and competitive landscape
- Own strategy and execution channels for each of your clients in an effort to hit or surpass client goals
- Lead the execution of paid advertising campaigns across all channels, including campaign creation, forecasting, budgeting and pacing, testing and optimization
- Analyze performance data and provide intelligent analysis, interpretation and appropriate action plans based on data driven conclusions
- Determine client benchmarks and forecasts and implement optimizations to hit client KPI’s in the quickest time possible through owned channels
- Improve upon paid search and social media processes and innovation of new strategies and techniques
- Manage all client budgets and advise on budget changes, both between campaigns within a paid account and across channels based on overall return for your clients.
- Build and sustain rapport with multiple clients
- Generate new business development through service expansion identification, strategic audits, and development of paid advertising pipeline
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm content and ads, drawing on client needs and input, as needed
- Translate technical concepts into actionable, tactical, and strategic action plans
- Develop growth of junior team members through delegation, training, and coaching
- Develop higher level client communication and account strategy, including account launch strategy, long-term campaign management, and growth/scaling strategy
- Other applicable or related duties as assigned
- 4-6+ years of experience in media buying
- Background in Google & Facebook Platforms is a must
- Retail platform experience preferred
- Ability to craft strategy based on client goals and troubleshoot dips in performance to make recommended pivots
- Communicate effectively with your team and the clients, staying accountable, highlighting wins and losses
- Experience leading cross-channel client engagements with minimal oversight
- Understanding of basic marketing funnel and where each channel plays role
- High level of self accountability to get work done and push the team to hit all goals
- Understanding of a startup environment and the flexibility needed in order to be successful
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations quickly
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Operate independently with little supervision
* San Diego based with potential remote options available
* Full-time with flexible hybrid in-office/virtual schedule
* Full benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K, plus unlimited PTO
Who and Where We Are: We are a diverse team of creatives, strategists, media buyers and other miscellaneous collaborators spread out all over the United States with a shared goal.
What We Do: We harness the powers of modern media to build connections between brands and consumers for the purpose of driving revenue and growth.
How Long We’ve Been Doing It: We’ve been at this since 2017 and continuously evolve our approach to meet developing trends, while inspiring some of our own, along the way.
How We Do It: We start by listening, learning and collecting information. Next, we build out a customized strategy paired with meaningful content and artfully manage its distribution. The result? Data-driven, creative campaigns broadcast over modern media channels that create deep consumer relationships while delivering measurable insights into the impact on your brand’s performance.
Why We Do It: Our motivation is rooted in innovation. We are change agents with a passion to help brands leverage emerging technology to unlock modern solutions.